- Adaptive Computer Technology Centre (ACT)
- Alliance for Public Technology (APT)
- Alliance for Technology Access community-based resource centers in the US, teaching children and adults with disabilities
- Assistive Technology On-Line
- Benton Foundation's Communications Policy Program
- Center for Applied Special Technologies (CAST) whose mission is to expand opportunities for people with disabilities through innovative multimedia computer technology.
- Bobby, a graphical web-based program designed to help web site designers and graphic artists make their web pages accessible by the largest number of people.
- Access Technology at MIT
- Adaptive Technology Resource Centre , part of the Information Commons Dept., University of Toronto, Canada.
- Assistive Technology
- Assistive Technology For The Disabled Computer User
- ADA Information Center On-Line
- ADA & Disability Information
- ABLEDATA Assistive Technology Database
- Audio Description
- The Archimedes Project Improve access to information for individuals with disabilities by influencing the early design stages of tomorrow's technology.
- Blind Computer Use - by and for the Blind
- Computers Resources for the Disabled
- Descriptive Video Service home page DVS
- DVS: A New Service for the Blind and Visually Impaired gopher
- Equal Access to Software and Information
- Equal Access to Software and Information gopher
- Workstation for Access to Math for Blind Users by Cahill, McCarthy gopher
- Stereo lithography Models for Blind Scientists by Skawinski, et. al. gopher
- Books for Blind Scientists by Barry, et. al. Gopher
- Blind Information Resources Gopher
- Blind Access Systems Gopher
- Australian Royal Society Interface for Blind Users Gopher
American Printing House for the Blind Gopher
P.O. Box 6085
Louisville, KY 40206-0085
(502) 899-2274 fax
- First Line Services ADA compliant
workstations, command and control for hands-free computing, professional
dictation systems, and braille and voice synthesis.
- IBM Special Needs
- DOS WWW
Browser - Lynx FTP site
- Handicap Software FTP
- JFW Mailist Archive and
Support Ran by Nick Allen, this is the Ultimate JAWS/JFW site, bar none,
Nick moderates the JFW maillist and you can subscribe online at this site.
Great source for macros, scripts, tips, compatable software and more.
- Speech Friendly Software from
Kansys, Inc. including Turbo Braille Contains many items that are not
shareware products; no fee is required or expected for using, copying, or
modifying any of them. Look for files with names like MEMO10.ZIP (the Memo
DataBase Program), NAMES35.ZIP (the NAMES DataBase Program), ABRL15.ZIP
(AutoBraille 1.5), PRVX61.ZIP (Provox 6.1), and BARB11.ZIP (Barb The Browser
1.1 and related utilities).
- The Speech Friendly Web Site!
Speech Friendly Software
- Olivetti FTP Handicap
Education Associates, Inc. Home Automation
- Sensory Disability
Research Unit, University of Hertfordshire, UK
- University of Missouri - Columbia
Adaptive Computing Technology Center
- University of Toronto
Adaptive Technology Resource Centre (ATRC)
vOICe Learning Edition - Seeing with your Ears free evaluation software
- Windows Tips for
Users with Low Vision If your a new Windows User then this should be your
- WWW Alternative
Project - TIDE project project to build workstations making mathematics
accessible to blind and V.I. (University of York)
- National Center for Accessible
- White Paper:
PDF and the Visually Impaired
- Handicap Software Archive gopher
- UCLA Disability Computing Programs gopher
Return to Main Menu of the page.
Copyright © 2008 Ron Marriage. All rights reserved